Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pumpkin Patch















We visited the KC Pumpkin Patch last weekend with Jordon, courtesy of Everest. There were a lot of activities for kids, although most of them were for older kids. Jordon still had a great time, despite a goose egg and red marks from hitting his head against the steering wheel of one of the trucks kids can "drive". He loved the slides, including a tube one that Ma-mo (what he's calling me lately) thought he might be too small for. Nope, although Da-da said from his point of view, Jordon banged his head off the side of it and went tumbling down, he giggled and wanted to do it over and over again. The real fun (yeah, right) happened when we left the pumpkin patch and decided to stop at Costco on the way home. Da-da put J in the cart like he had many times before, and I went to the bathroom. On my way back, I heard people gasping and then a screaming kid. I thought, wait a minute, that sounds like my screaming kid, and it was. He had fallen out of the cart and hit his head on the concrete. I did not witness it (probably a good thing), but Don did, and needless to say, everyone was pretty upset. We ended up taking him to the ER for a CT scan to make sure there were no injuries, and a few hours later, he was given the all clear. Not a fun way to spend the remainder of a Saturday afternoon.



No comments: