Saturday, November 13, 2010

Life with 2 little boys

At this time, Jordon's going to daycare 2 days a week, so I have both boys the other 3 days a week. On those days, I often find myself thinking that going to work is easier than taking care of the 2 together. Usually, if we go out, one or both ends up wailing, or Jordon throws a fit and I have trouble managing the two together... no matter how hard I try to plan well to avoid feedings, nap time, potential potty accidents, etc. Don has yet to take care of both boys alone for any period of time longer than a couple hours but he will find out how challenging it can be when I go back to work and have to work the weekend.

We have lots of potty talk at our house right now, and some days it feels like that's all I deal with, between Tristan pooping constantly, Jordon potty-training, and him being fixated on bathroom issues. Jordon is potty trained and does well for the most part, but still has some accidents. Here's a recent conversation.

Jordon- "Mamo, I pooped in my McQueen undies".

Mamo- "Lets get you on the potty and clean you up. Sit there for a minute while I change baby brother's diaper- he's crying."

Jordon- "OK. Let me see it. I wanna see it" (referring to Tristan's poopy diaper)

Mamo- "Sit down and worry about your own poop."
I then turn around to check on Jordon, and he's picked up the potty ring and is trying to put it over his head, dripping pee everywhere.

Jordon- "I took a big poop in potty". He likes to use the word 'big' in front of everything these days. Another time he said, "I gotta big one. I gotta big wee wee."

No comments: