Thursday, December 28, 2017

March



After multiple infections and living on antibiotics for most of the 6 weeks prior, Tristan got his tonsils out on 3/9. Little man did great. He was excited about the map they gave him at Children's Mercy, and liked to show everyone the path he took that day to getting his tonsils out. Also that day came incredible sadness. The dream of #3 was not to be. Surgery was planned for days later but had to be moved up. Thank God for my Mom and sister, and their ability to help out in time of need, and for an incredibly caring physician. We made it through with faith, hope, and love. The boys drew me some pictures with their interpretations of what took place. Although a difficult time of grief and loss, I am reminded I am not in control and must have faith in God's plan for me and my family. Shit happens, things do not go as we had hoped, and we are forced to cope with difficult times. I see that every day in my work. I continue to be truly blessed and give thanks for the many blessings I have daily.





soccer season starting back up for Jordon and the Rebels



                                  hanging out with the cousins and Aunt Sarzah after a soccer game

Is it Karli or Vanna?

                  A symbol of hope- the Christmas cactus blooming in March- I don't recall it ever                                   blooming this time of year before.

                                                       Playing with sand/fossils at SeaLife?


                                                           Jordon reading some info at the event before the start of the                                                                   Pinewood Derby race with Cub Scouts

 I think this was Jordon's soccer game, don't remember what Tristan was pouting about at the time, good to see the cousins for a chilly day of soccer.


 Tristan's soccer team this year, led by Coach Al. He was intimidated by him at first, since he tends to do a lot of yelling, but got used to his coaching style through previous soccer camp and did great. The kid loves to run and enjoys most sports where he gets to run up and down a field.



Playing at the park in Harrisonville



Jordon's 9th birthday- 3/31/17- celebrating with friends to come at a later date









No comments: