Friday, July 31, 2009

Reading to the boys


Don's reading to Jordon and cousin Evan when all were out at the farm for Mom's birthday on the 4th. I remember when when Jordon was younger and we thought it would be so much fun when he was older and wanted us to read to him... now he loves it and wants to be read to all the time. Don and I are aquiring a mental list of books... like this one, "Things that Go" that we would pretty much like to use to start a bonfire with. Every night it's the same books to read... even though there are many to pick from, it's usually "Things that Go", "Bedtime Peekabo", "Say Hello on the Farm", "Who do You Love?", "The Very Hungry Catepillar", and "I Love You When..." that are the top offenders, or should I say, Jordon's faves. I got a really good dose of this on our trip to Eureka Springs this past week, when I got to read all of them at least 4 times just trying to put a stop to the screamfest in the car.

No comments: