Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm growing so fast




Jordon has really grown over the past few weeks. He is now smiling at us, cooing, and is much more interactive. We got a Bumbo seat from my brother and he seems to like sitting in it. He is doing much better overall, and so am I! His periods of fussiness are less frequent now, and we have a lot of good days. I'm sure part of it is just that we have gotten smarter as time has gone on and can now figure out what he needs /wants most of the time. I go back to work tomorrow and I have to say that I am ready. Who would have thought that working with terminal illness and death could be easier and less stressful than taking care of a newborn? I was not prepared for the amount of work it would take to care for a baby in those first 6 weeks, and I am glad that some friends at work had similar experiences and could relate to some of the difficulties. Everyone says that things get easier over time, and I think that is true. We are very blessed to have this little guy and look forward to all the experiences ahead for us as a family. We will all be adjusting in the upcoming days and weeks...Don is home with Jordon for the summer in the role of "Mr. Mom". Unfortunately, he will also be having shoulder surgery Friday, so things could get very interesting at home!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Just now catching up on things...this is really nice, and you all are doing a great job of keeping up with it and posting cute pics! Hope you get through these next couple weeks okay. Wish I could be closer to help, but maybe someday. Can't wait to see you all at the baptism, if not sooner!